The definition of superfood is quite broad but for our purposes we’re going to lump everything in this section that is considered an “extra”. Things that are packed with ridiculous amounts of nutrition, healthy fats, and work well with blending.
- Acai Berries – extremely high in antioxidants.
- Almond Butter – high in monounsaturated fats.
- Aloe Vera – detox the colon.
- Avocado – one of the healthiest sources of good fats.
- Bee Pollen – increased energy, stamina, and endurance.
- Cayenne Pepper – improve cardiovascular health.
- Chocolate (raw) – delicious and high in antioxidants.
- Coconut (oil, milk, water, meat) – miracle food; good for the skin, healthy source of fats; replenishing.
- Flaxseed (oil, seeds) – high in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Garlic – antibacterial and antiviral properties, flavor.
- Ginger – great for digestive issues and prevents nausea.
- Pumpkin – highe in vitamin E and beta-carotine; great for your skin.
- Sprouts – tiny powerhouses of vitamins and minerals.
- Wheatgrass – liquid energy; extremely nutrient rich.